You are here : Version Anglaise > News & About > Going abroad > To study

Going abroad to study

Choosing your outward mobility exchange program

The university's institutions offer numerous mobility programs and have bilateral agreements enabling their students to study abroad.
Informational meetings about study abroad opportunities are organized by the institutions. Check your university emails regularly or ask when these meetings will be held. They are usually held in October.


We usually advise students to allow one year to gradually prepare for their move abroad. It is, therefore, important to have a definite plan before moving abroad.
The list of documents required for your application will vary according to your institution, the level of study and the mobility program you have chosen.
Contact the International Relations department in your institution to find out more about the correct procedure to follow.

Preparing for your departure

The Université de Lyon's institutions have all the information you need about administrative formalities and finding accommodation on their websites and in their moving-abroad guides, so that you are well-prepared for your move abroad.

Find out more on Lyon Campus

Funding your move abroad

Grants from mobility programs

Sources of funding may vary according to the institution you are enrolled at and the mobility program you are participating in.

International mobility grants from the Région Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes

The Conseil Régional Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes also offers international mobility grants for students enrolled at institutions in the region.
Grant application forms should be collected from and returned to the International Relations department in the institution you're enrolled at.
Applications sent directly to the Région's office will not be processed.
► Find out more

Government grants

The French government provides financial help for international mobility that may be obtained if you meet certain criteria.
► Find out more

Other grant programs

Several countries, exchange organizations and some French government ministries offer funding to French students who would like to complete a training program or internship abroad.
► View the list of available funding schemes